Hey all, so the AndroidMeter development team has been at it again. Today they took a crack at the Ubuntu Touch-Preview that dropped today and have managed to get a working, yet HIGHLY experimental build for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus.
Video below shows it in action. The instructions and download links are also available below.
Remember that this is EXTREMELY EXPERIMENTAL. Even though I have managed to get this running on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus does not mean it works for every single device.
Instructions: (Download Links Below)
1. MOST IMPORTANT! PLEASE DO A NANDROID BACKUP! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU RUIN YOUR DEVICE!
2. Perform a Factory Reset (DO NOT WIPE SYSTEM OR YOUR PHONE WILL NOT BOOT)
3. Grab both download links below!
4. Flash toro_ubuntu.zip
5. Flash quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip
6. Reboot, Phone will go black but Ubuntu will load after a few seconds!
Latest posts by Nikolas Pereira (see all)
- Android Security Series #1 – Orbot: Tor For Android - July 6, 2013
- Wil Wheaton Fails to Root HTC One, Dev Community Comes to the Rescue - May 2, 2013
- Ubuntu Touch Preview Now “Sort of Working” on 19 Devices, 22 more coming soon! - February 27, 2013