A new service hit mass awareness today with the release of a developer tool dubbed OTA UPDATE CENTER. This new service will allow custom ROM developers to push OTA updates to their ROM users, all for the price of FREE.
Their site describes the way it works,
“We provide a server backend and an updater app. Devs just have to [register], make an entry of their ROM, add a few lines on their build.prop, provide a direct-link to the download and optionally a changelog. The rest is done by our service. Users will automatically be informed for any updates and installation is automated.”
Seems simple, for the developer as well as the end user.
Some of it’s nifty features include:
- Add and remove OTA Updates in a centralised database.
- Check for updates on boot of devices.
- Check for updates manually when the person wants to.
- Download the rom and flash it directly.
- Download the rom without flashing.
- Wipe data and or cache/dalvik before flashing the update.
- Its free to use!
This app is also very useful in the fact that if change logs are available for an update the app will display those during download. You can also wipe your data and cache.