Well it was only a matter of time until we saw Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) leaked into the public. This lucky man (I am guessing) decided that he wanted to go buy himself a T-Mobile Nexus S off of Ebay. To his surprise, when he opened the box and turned on the phone, he was greeted by an almost unknown operating system. Watch a quick 2 minute tour of the software after the break!
Some things we noticed right off the bat:
- Lock screen lets you jump into the phone or straight to the camera – Apple kang, hah.
- What is that Google Apps icon? A shortcut to all things Google.
- Dock has 4 standard apps – will assume they are interchangeable.
- Notification bar has a quick settings button – hoping for easy wifi/bluetooth toggles.
- App drawer is horizontal just like Honeycomb.
- Widget previews in there as well.
- Long press on Home gives you recently used app menu from HC. Looks great on a phone.
- Settings menu has been broken up into sections.
- Pressing Menu at home only had 3 options, one being wallpaper.