Google Translate received an update that now allows user to take pictures of foreign languages and translate them. All you have to do it snap a picture, highlight the foreign text of your choice with your finger and pow, you have translation.
Here’s the changelog:
- Use camera to take a picture and brush text to translate (available on Android 2.3 and above).
- Get instant translation results as you type.
- Choose dialect preference for speech input.
- Japanese handwriting now recognizes multiple characters at once.
- Added access network state permission to check network availability when sending requests.