The launcher that arrived with the Google LG Nexus 5 called the Google Now Launcher has now arrived on the Play Store. This launcher, now that it is a packaged application, allows user to install the launcher and import settings from the old launcher into the new one. Also with this launcher, users can access Google Now with a simple swipe to the left most page and other small UX changes.
Unfortunately, this launcher can only be downloaded to Nexus and Google Play Edition devices that are running Android 4.4 KitKat. Hopefully we will see this open up in the future since side-loaded versions of the launcher run perfectly on 3rd party OEM devices.
If you have one of the listed devices that support the launcher, make sure to read the description below and click the download link to get it on your device.
Upgrade the launcher on your device to make Google Now one swipe away. From your primary home screen, swipe right to access Google Now cards that give you just the right information, at just the right time.
Available on Nexus or Google Play edition devices with Android 4.4 (KitKat).
• Google Now on your home screen – it’s easier than ever to get just the right information at just the right time.
• Just say “Ok Google” – when you’re on your home screen, just say “Ok Google” to trigger voice input. Then say your search query. Or tell your phone what to do, like send a text message, get directions, or play a song (available in the US, UK, and Canada).
• Faster search – tap the search box and you can enter your query immediately.
• Easy access to your favorite Google products and services, like Gmail, YouTube, and Maps.
• Larger viewing area – the status and navigation bars are now translucent, so your wallpaper pops from every pixel, and is even visible when you expand your apps drawer (when supported by device).
• Intuitive wallpaper picker – select any image that’s stored on your device, or in the cloud. Position and preview your wallpaper before you set it.
Download | Play Store