We have been waiting for what seems like forever, but here it finally is. AOKP has just released Build 1 of their Jelly Bean ROM. This is Build 1 so please don’t expect anything even close to perfect, though it does seem pretty cool. The device list is currently pretty short, but should be getting longer in the days and weeks to come.
AOKP had this to say for the release:
We feel it’s time to release our first official Jelly Bean build!
If you’ll notice, the number of devices we are releasing this for is extremely limited. These are just the devices most of us daily driver, so they have gotten our attention first . Over time, more will get added as things slow down and as we get some device maintainers.
Unfortunately, any change log here would be useless. This is JellyBean build 1! Go explore. Please do not post any bug reports yet.We will let everyone know when we’re ready to accept taking reports again. If you really like, you can always look at recently merged code in our Gerrit instance..
For those asking for some sort of a change log, below is a list of some features found in jelly bean release 1. There can be no change log as we have nothing changed yet
They also stated a few new features to expect in this initial build:
Features you will see (but not limited to) in this build:
- Notification Toggles
- Lockscreen tweaks (no custom targets yet)
- Navigation bar modifications
- Custom kernel performance options
- LED colors
- Notification wallpapers
- Phone ringer modifications (Flip call to silent, silent/vibrate when headphones are in)
- Plus more!
Latest posts by Nikolas Pereira (see all)
- Android Security Series #1 – Orbot: Tor For Android - July 6, 2013
- Wil Wheaton Fails to Root HTC One, Dev Community Comes to the Rescue - May 2, 2013
- Ubuntu Touch Preview Now “Sort of Working” on 19 Devices, 22 more coming soon! - February 27, 2013